The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is the national professional body responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics on the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector.
NCVER’s areas of activity:
- Undertaking a strategic program of education and training research, including the collection and analysis of national VET statistics and survey data and the analytical program of the Longitudinal Surveys of Australian Youth (LSAY).
- Collecting and publishing research findings on VET and directly-related research from across the world through the VOCEDplus research database.
- Disseminating the results of integrated research and data analytics.
- Building links with similar international organisations to undertake strategic comparative analyses of mutual interest to benchmark and inform Australian practices.
- Providing a professional research, analysis and evaluation capability across Australia and internationally.