The Australian Government is National Skills Weeks biggest supporter.
The National Careers Institute (NCI) is a government measure that was established so that Australians have access to accurate and up to date career information and support regardless of their age and stage. It provides a single, independent and impartial government source of careers information, with a particular focus on vocational careers and pathways.
The NCI website carries a wealth of information pertaining to vocational education and developing skills. You can access a range of things on the site, and below are just a few of the options available.
Discover learning and training options. Connect with information about VET, Australian Apprenticeships and Higher Education.
- Get real skills through vocational education and training (VET)
- Earn while you learn through an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Upskill and earn a higher education certificate in 6 months
Explore jobs, employment tips and support services
- Connect with jobs near you with the JobsHub
- Search and prepare for jobs with JobActive
- Take a career quiz to understand your work style and to explore careers you may enjoy with Job Outlook’s Career Quiz
- Find out how the skills you have can be matched to new jobs in different industries with Job Outlook’s Skills Match
- Job Jumpstart your career with practical tips and advice to help you prepare for work, interview skills and other career resources.
- If you are a young person in Year 10, 11 or 12, visit myfuture to take the first steps to managing your career and build your career profile.
- Access and connect with resources for parents, carers and career advisers at Job Jumpstart.
Be inspired by real career stories and explore career ideas
- Read inspirational stories from Australian VET Alumni, sharing their career pathways and journeys.
- Watch case study videos of VET Alumni across multiple industries.
- Listen to podcasts where the National Careers Institute are joined by VET Alumni from multiple industries, sharing their successful journey stories through vocational education and training.
Find quick links and resources for individuals, businesses and careers advisors
- Links to information to get job ready
- Links to information to help you learn and train
- Links to support services
- Information and support for business
- Information and support for Career Practitioners
- Information and support for Parents and Carers
- Information and support for overseas visitors, international students and migrants
Find links to support services for a range of different needs
- Discover mental health resources to improve your own wellbeing or support someone you know.
- Find support to re-enter the workforce if you have been retrenched.
- Help for job seekers aged 45 years and over to identify transferable skills and improve your job readiness.
- Help for parents receiving parenting payment with children under 6 with study and work goals.
- Help for eligible young people aged 15 to 24 to improve their skills and confidence to find and keep a job.
- Connecting Indigenous job seekers with jobs that value cultural and life experiences.
- Information and resources for veterans making the transition to civilian life and work.
- Resources and services to help people with disability to find, change or maintain employment