The Australian Government is National Skills Weeks biggest supporter.
The National Careers Institute (NCI) is a government measure that was established so that Australians have access to accurate and up to date career information and support regardless of their age and stage. It provides a single, independent and impartial government source of careers information, with a particular focus on vocational careers and pathways.
The NCI website carries a wealth of information pertaining to vocational education and developing skills. You can access a range of things on the site, and below are just a few of the options available.
Discover learning and training options. Connect with information about VET, Australian Apprenticeships and Higher Education.
- Get real skills through vocational education and training (VET)
- Earn while you learn through an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Upskill and earn a higher education certificate in 6 months
Explore jobs, employment tips and support services
- Connect with jobs near you with the JobsHub
- Search and prepare for jobs with JobActive
- Take a career quiz to understand your work style and to explore careers you may enjoy with Job Outlook’s Career Quiz
- Find out how the skills you have can be matched to new jobs in different industries with Job Outlook’s Skills Match
- Job Jumpstart your career with practical tips and advice to help you prepare for work, interview skills and other career resources.
- If you are a young person in Year 10, 11 or 12, visit myfuture to take the first steps to managing your career and build your career profile.
- Access and connect with resources for parents, carers and career advisers at Job Jumpstart.
Be inspired by real career stories and explore career ideas
- Read inspirational stories from Australian VET Alumni, sharing their career pathways and journeys.
- Watch case study videos of VET Alumni across multiple industries.
- Listen to podcasts where the National Careers Institute are joined by VET Alumni from multiple industries, sharing their successful journey stories through vocational education and training.
- Links to information to get job ready
- Links to information to help you learn and train
- Links to support services
- Information and support for business
- Information and support for Career Practitioners
- Information and support for Parents and Carers
- Information and support for overseas visitors, international students and migrants
Find links to support services for a range of different needs
- Discover mental health resources to improve your own wellbeing or support someone you know.
- Find support to re-enter the workforce if you have been retrenched.
- Help for job seekers aged 45 years and over to identify transferable skills and improve your job readiness.
- Help for parents receiving parenting payment with children under 6 with study and work goals.
- Help for eligible young people aged 15 to 24 to improve their skills and confidence to find and keep a job.
- Connecting Indigenous job seekers with jobs that value cultural and life experiences.
- Information and resources for veterans making the transition to civilian life and work.
- Resources and services to help people with disability to find, change or maintain employment