National Skills Week 2016 Theme Announced!
NEW WORLD, NEW VISION, YOUR FUTURE
29 August – 4th September, 2016
National Skills Week continues to celebrate and inform students and the wider public of the diversity and career pathways available through Vocational Education and Training (VET). The week, (August 29th – September 4th, 2016) will communicate the emerging trends and new growth drivers connecting skills training with job outcomes.
This year’s National Skills Week (2016) aims to challenge people to think about how much they really know about VET, the progression opportunities, and the rapidly changing jobs market.
Rapid technological change will continue to impact all sectors of industry. The increasing use of technology is one of the integral factors changing the nature of work, and therefore skill requirements of Australian Industry.
National Skills Week 2016, will focus on the following
• Revealing the hidden secrets of VET (benefits, pathways, diversity and employment outcomes).
• Increase the brand value of VET.
• Create greater interest in STEM, with tailored messages about the changing world of work, and why innovation is key (innovation agenda). Too few Australian students are studying maths, science and IT related subjects in schools – skills that are critical to prepare students for jobs of the future.
• Address areas of skills shortages and highlight which industry sectors are showing significant growth.
• Focus on quality training for quality outcomes.
• Training linked to jobs.
For more information on how you can be involved email email@example.com